Friday, March 30, 2012

Real Life: Part II

I'm a second child.  My sister is the planner, the perfectionist and the one who thinks before speaking.  I try to be these things, and sometimes I pull it off - but most of the time I don't.  When I write it is mostly a stream of  thoughts followed by a quick push of a button labeled "publish post."  I may read through it quickly to look for obvious errors, but I'm not much of an editor.
So...

After I posted "Real Life" last night I realized I needed to add some thoughts.

Yes, real life is unpredictable and messy.  If you think you know someone who has it all figured out, you probably don't know their whole story.  Everyone has a struggle of some kind.  Everyone.  Don't even second guess this.  Some blogs or websites make it appear that it is possible to live a perfect life filled only with beautiful words and images.  The truth is you can't cut & paste, crop, edit or omit the messy parts from real life like you can on a blog or website. 

However...

Sometime real life is so beautiful that a picture, or the perfect words can't even describe it.


But I'm going to keep trying.

Today I am honoring some of the beautiful moments in my real life. No editing. No posing (except for one).  Just moments that bring joy to my soul. If only I could catch them all ...







Just in case someone happens to be driving by my house today... I am looking out the window at my son who is wearing a diaper, rain boots, a coat and a hat and just jumped into the lid of the sandbox that filled with water last night. 
It is 50 degrees.

Just found out that some of Colin's dinosaurs also went for a swim ... time to get back to my real life. 


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have an account feel free to select "anonoymous".