Tuesday, January 21, 2014

School

What to say.  He started school.  It's only for 9 hours a week, but still.  He's my baby.  I get to be a little sad, right?

It took me a while to figure out why this time it felt so different.  I have sent 2 children to preschool and beyond with no problems.  After contemplating on it, I realized it is the fact that Luke is still basically non-verbal.  He can't come home and tell me what he did.  He can't tell me if something upset him or if he cried for 30 minutes because he had a tummy ache.  He also can't tell me all the good stuff, how he loved speech therapy or gym class.  So, it's different.  Not bad, just different.

I want him to be independent.  I want him to learn everything he can so he can contribute to his community.  I know it's good, but I'm going to miss having my little buddy around all day every day.







He's happy, so I'm happy.  :)


3 comments:

  1. So awesome, and hard at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! He is so adorable and reminds me soooo much of my little guy...he resembles him a lot, mine is only 2 ...but brings a big tear to my eye for you...because soon enough this will be my situation... hugs to you Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! He is so adorable and reminds me soooo much of my little guy...he resembles him a lot, mine is only 2 ...but brings a big tear to my eye for you...because soon enough this will be my situation... hugs to you Mommy.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have an account feel free to select "anonoymous".