Saturday, July 30, 2011

The "To Do" list

I have always organized my life with lists.  When I was in high school I used to keep lists of names for future children in the back of my daily planner.  I had long lists of books I wanted to read, movies to go see and music to listen to. 

I love the organization of a good list.  By putting the thoughts down on paper it feels like it's going to happen.  It just has to.  I keep lists of projects I want to do, hobbies I want to take up, places I want to go, people I want to have over for supper, new recipes I want to try, gifts I want to give people ...

I also have the ever present "To Do" list.   The "To Do" list is (in theory) the most urgent.  Things that need to be done now (or yesterday). 

My problem is, I can't get beyond the "To Do's" into the "Want To's."

Sadly, I have realized that the "To Do" list is never going to go away.  My house will never be completely organized.  My windows will never all be clean.  The laundry will always be there.  There will always be another project on the "To Do" list.

So how do we move on to the "Want To's?"

Maybe, just maybe, we need to stop trying to finish the "To Do" list and focus on the "Want To" list instead ...


My first edited photo - something off my "want to learn" list
My nephew Gabriel joined our family for the past week so he and Gwen could attend a soccer camp together.  The kids had a great week of playing, going to the zoo and getting dirty!






 








  

 Happy Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have an account feel free to select "anonoymous".